Family Toolkit Series: Invitation to Change
August 18 @ 6:45 pm - 8:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:45 pm on Tuesday, happening 12 times
An event every week that begins at 6:45 pm on Tuesday, repeating indefinitely
A 12-week CRAFT-Based Course for Family Members and Friends
Are you watching someone you love struggle with addictive behaviors? Are you wondering how to support your loved one in Recovery?
There are tools available, with years of research behind them, that have been life-changing for others in your situation. Come join us to learn and practice skills such as effective communication and boundary setting, increase your understanding of the change process, and gain support in a compassionate environment. This approach increases the potential for change, connection, and helps clear a path towards recovery while taking care of yourself in the process.
The Invitation to Change course is open to the community. We will be speaking from the perspective of family and friends, but the information, tools, and flexibility offered may be beneficial to anyone and all are welcome to attend.
The Alano Family Toolkit Series: Invitation to Change program is based on an approach by the Center for Motivation and Change that combines the evidence-based protocol of Community Reinforcement And Family Training (CRAFT), with Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Invitation to Change provides perspectives and skills to help you encourage your loved one towards recovery while increasing your own wellbeing.
(we will practice skills in group)
- Introduction: how change works
- Behaviors Make Sense & One Size Doesn’t Fit All
- Ambivalence is Normal & Intro to Communication
- Listening Skills: review & practice
- Talking Skills: making requests, communicating boundaries
- Structured Problem-Solving
- Behavior Skills: positive reinforcement
- Behavior Skills: unwanted behavior intro
- Behavior Skills: unwanted behavior practice
- Invitation to Treatment Conversation: preparing and communicating
- Ending & Review